Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 28 June 2012

Info Post
We all deserve some of them good superhero movies. After the rejoice of many superhero fans including [insert my name here] with the release of 'Marvel's The Avengers', the mother-ship of all them good ol'superhero movies, comes another fave hero. Oh, and there's still 'The Dark Knight Rises' right after TASM, don't forget that.


'The Amazing Spiderman', for the sake of the noobstown residents, is Sony's reboot to the Spiderman franchise which ended in the trilogy. I personally think that they should have rebooted it after the first or first two films. I believe in Sam Raimi's direction which may be a "hit or miss" sometimes, but I admittedly dislike his take on the Spiderman series. Good thing, that this reboot is directed by Marc Webb who did '(500) Days of Summer' that is a pretty darn good movie.

With the release of a reboot like this [it shows today! I'll be literally running to the theaters later], one question may ponder the mind: Why should I need to run to the theaters to watch this? Well, you've got the question..I'll try to answer. Here are 3 reasons why you should run to the theaters and see it.

1. THE PLOT

The main thing is, we're still going to see some spidey web-swinging and Peter Parker getting bit by that spider that gave him his powers. The Spidey reboot mainly anchors up its storyline from the 'Ultimate Spiderman' which makes things even more exciting. In this movie's reality, unlike in the Sam Raimi trilogy, Gwen Stacy is the love interest. Peter Parker also struggle as a teenage boy who has still many quandaries about his life--most especially about his past. His parents. This will be taken cover by the movie as well.

What's even more interesting about the movie is that we get to witness the Spidey that we used to know. The more sarcastic bastard-ic one. I'm excited. :D


2. THE CAST

Andrew Garfield has the body type of that six-footer skeleton that basically goes to school to be bullied. Garfield for that matter, fits perfectly as Peter Parker, so his body is lean and skinny. Upon watching 'Never Let Me Go' and the rather entertaining 'The Social Network', I have proven to myself that Garfield has the ability to act. Emma Stone, on the other hand, I don't approve acting-wise, but I loved her since 'Superbad'. She doesn't look close to Gwen Stacy [credit: my die-hard comic fan friend] and blonde is not really her type of "hair color".

3. THE LIZARD


TASM's villain is Lizard. I won't tell too much about the godzilla-in-proportions villain so that I won't spoil the movie to you very much. The pick for Lizard is perfect, because it tells the backstory of the Parker family, drawing in more depth to Peter's past.


I say that I'll be rushing to the theaters a couple of hours later, so I'm recommending you do the same. Afterwards, we share thoughts, okay??

0 comments:

Post a Comment