Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 15 March 2012

Info Post
To an eloquent description of my respect to actor Al Pacino, he is the scar in my face I'm proud to let everyone see. He is an exemplar actor most visible in one of my favorite films of lifetime, The Godfather. So when I had the chance to grab a great deal of 99 Philippine Peso for an Al Pacino DVD, I never for a moment became dubious.

My certainty will be proven right; after I open the case shove it to my player and munch on my popcorn.

Pacino plays Frank Keller an exemplar police officer who succeeds busting illegal acts undercover. He does very good with the operations, but it seems that Keller needs to undergo an "operation"; for his broken-heart, whatever degree of cliche that has. He was lonely. An alcoholic. He was left alone by his wife, who was never introduced physically in the film.

One assignment changes this as Keller alongside partner Sherman (played by a John Goodman who throws shrewd hilarity in the medley) goes undercover to capture a serial killer whose suave in killing men nude, face down in his bed and shot holed. Keller finds something else in the midst of the mission--love; which complicates the supposed simple plot.

The title is as sluggish as it gets--derived from a song that the "serial killer" uses while his killing is under operation (I shall not use the term operation anymore in this post). That is contrary to solid performances by no surprise, Al Pacino who seemed to know how to feature an alcoholic and lonely man. The action is never slow that complements the movie's incredible pacing.


The viewers are glued to the screen perhaps because of Al Pacino's charismatic aura on-screen or in slim chances the bromance between Sherman and Keller. The thrill is sometimes conventional, but works solidly. You even find yourself fist your hand because of the gripping thrill.

After the first half of the film though, comes to me as a different puzzle piece. My assumption was an Al Pacino action/thriller must be stuffed with action and well, thrill however in the latter duration, romance seemed to dominate as a genre. Good thing Pacino is flexible enough to carry the film to the finish. Ending was surprising.

Sea of Love is, I conclude, a very good deal for P 99.00. Although no special features are included and the video is not on widescreen, Pacino fills my TV with wit and awesomeness...and now I sound like a 12 year-old.

Eloquent description again: 'If 'Sea of Love' takes you under the sea, you'll definitely get a complete ride and will satisfy as it whips you around like a coaster underwater.'
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment