Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 31 August 2012

Info Post

From a dying old man in Prometheus, an infiltrating instant agent on the outer space in Lockout, to a fiendish metrosexual villain in Lawless, Guy Pearce, an Aussie-blooded actor is perhaps the best in what he does: acting with great sharpness.

Recently, the guy talks with Vulture about Prometheus, Lawless and his upcoming comic book film, Iron Man 3.

Weird, Pearce already have turned down the Daredevil role and told that superhero movies aren't his cup of tea. This 2013 Marvel project will have him play Aldrich Killian, a scientist who co-creates a powerful strain of virus and sells it to the terrorists.

"The thing about Daredevil was that it was the role of Daredevil [that I didn't want to do]. Certainly in those days ... it was ten years ago. I've probably loosened up, and I feel a little more experimental in what I'll take on these days, but I still don't know that I would want to play the superhero myself, since I'm playing a different kind of character in this film. And I think that, based on the first two movies, there's a great chemistry between Robert [Downey Jr.] and Gwyneth [Paltrow], and I just think the films have a fun, joyful sort of quality about them. I've just enjoyed them. So I just felt like I wanted to be a part of this," was Pearce's explanation.

He also did the remake for a 1960 sci-fi, The Time Machine (same title), an overlooked movie in which he played rather good. "The main difference was that, when I did The Time Machine, I was pretty much in all of it, so it was a really grueling experience. Prometheus and Iron Man are really kind of cameo stuff, so the experience of shooting them ... I mean, on some level, it's tricky because you feel like a bit of an outsider. You don’t really live the experience that you do when you're there all day every day with everybody. But at the same time, it can be more fun sometimes because you're just working in concentrated spurts."

Catch Guy Pearce in Iron Man 3 opening in worldwide theaters May 3rd next year.

SOURCE: VULTURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment