Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 2 August 2012

Info Post
If you're a director and your colleagues will grant you their full trust to make complex decisions. In 'Pinoy Super Kid', director Leonardo Q. Belen, must have got tons of it hence his silly decisions were all approved.

I'm told that here's a fine line between an intricate movie and a confusing one. This movie seemed to fall under the latter category.


The movie tells the story of a kid named Alex (Buboy Villar) who after trying to help his classmates to cheat on an exam, gets expelled in his school. More inflicting, is his dismissal in the BSP (Boy Scout of the Philippines). The resident psychiatrist of the school tries to investigate the case, and Buboy will meanwhile find about his powers (he can foretell a crime, through his dreams, where and when will it occur)

He seeks help of a police offer as the dreams haunt him every time, but receives ridicule, if not ignored. His Uncle Ben (Mark Lapid) tries to help him, but ends up failed thanks to the ever-slowpoke Filipino policemen.

After that, I already have lost tracked of the story because I literally laughed since.


'Pinoy Super Kid' is told in the English language, and anyone, make him a critic or just a casual viewer, will think that this move is exasperating. Nauseating, even. The English lines were moronic attempts, perhaps to skew the industry to using the Queen's English. The actors were trying too hard of themselves to even deliver their lines, hence very shoddy acting. 

There were decisions that were made with great slapdash I presume, because the end result is just garbage (and by saying this I can assure you that I am not exaggerating).

With 'Super Kid', my former wish that the Filipino Cinema will offer something different was put to question. I suddenly doubt and myself, will question my wish, if I will get something "different" like this.

A laughable cinematic tripe, 'Pinoy Super Kid', is so very much is-tsupid (insert ridiculed slang of Filipinos in speaking English).

GRADE: D

0 comments:

Post a Comment