Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 21 December 2011

Info Post
3 days to go before we get to watch and judge the entries of the Metro Manila Film Festival. And in this last entry we are going to feature is some intense and heavy drama. But before it, you know how things work, so check out our trivia we're dishing out.

Metro Manila Film Festival Trivia: Christopher De Leon bagged 6 Best Actor awards and Vilma Santos bagged 4 Best Actresses. Two actors seconded to Nora Aunor's 7.

YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND TOMORROW




In this 80's remake of the same title, movie loyalists, Maricel Soriano and Gabby Concepcion reunite, with a handful of younger stars introducing TV5's Star Poower winner, Eula Caballero.

It looks like its heavy drama, considering Jun Lana's (the film director), "success" in his previous: "My Neighbor's Wife". The cinematography looks NOTHING SPECIAL, the same as what I saw with My Neighbor's Wife. In my opinion, cinematography plays a major factor that affects the dramatics of the film. It sets out the mood, and all.

With the camera tilting, focus, and lighting, the mood and emotion is up a notch. Only if Jun Lana considered this detail, then My Neighbor's Wife would be a better watch. I see, YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND TOMORROW as the same cinematography, nothing special with the tilting, focus, and lighting of the film. It looks like a TV series, instead of a movie. Of course, I am based off its trailer, so this shall be disregarded until I put up the full review.

I don't want to judge the book by its cover, but that's what I personally think. It's worth a watch if you're a drama enthusiast. To sneak a peek, watch this trailer.



All of the films from the festival were great, only some mistakes are visible. Something new would be better, but they failed to serve a dish out of our taste buds. I hope next year would be better.

For the latest news, movie reviews, and thoughts about all things film, add FilmPolice as your bookmark! So critiques are easy to read with just one click. Literally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment