Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 4 July 2012

Info Post
Time to come clean: we claim that many of the horror films that we have been watching are not really that "scary". But that is when we are watching them with someone--perhaps a colleague, a loved one or maybe your mom, I don't know. But watching horror films I can admittedly say is a totally different story--at least for some of them.

Five of the "some of them" is what I am going to list down; here are my top 5 underrated horror films.

TOP 5 - GRAVE ENCOUNTERS

I am never really a fan of found footage movies and in fact I sometimes dismiss the idea of watching them as often than as I would normally often watch a normal movie. This is of course with the exception of 'Cloverfield'; 'Witch Blair Project'; and admittedly, 'Paranormal Activity'.

In the recent critics-asserted "misfire", 'Grave Encounters' a crew of a fake paranormal TV show goes to a deserted edifice wherein "not fake" paranormal activities will eventually occur. I watched it alone and thought it was cheesy in many points but was a movie that is above satisfactory.


TOP 4 - THE RUINS

I have a heightened tolerance for gore but when I saw 'The Ruins', a movie about life-sucking plants living in a sacred temple (I know it's ridiculous), I had to grin or two. It wasn't excessively gory however; just enough so people with fetish for blood on-screen will be satisfied. Despite its silliness, the movie had inflicted great effect to me psychologically, for some reason; adding many elements of terror in one claustrophobic setting.


TOP 3 - THE THING (JOHN CARPENTER)

This follow-up to the original 'The Thing from Another World' may received very good comments, but I still felt it was underrated. It deserved more.


TOP 2 - EXORCIST III

The thing about horror sequels, is that it gets loads of negative critiques. It may be the movie itself but sometimes it's because critique made a habit to always compare the sequel to the original which ultimately leaves the sequel's good elements shadowed in the background. 'Exorcist III' is the latter.


TOP 1 - THE LAST MAN ON EARTH

Before 'I Am Legend' even came on screen, there was 'The Last Man on Earth', a black-and-white horror (you know I like them spookers monochrome, right?) with almost the same plot with with the Will Smith movie. It is utterly underrated that critics have been saying many things unfavorable for the above-average horror.

There you go, another roundup that I hope you guys enjoyed! Always check back for all things film updates! Kisses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment