Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 28 November 2012

Info Post

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Hawkeye and its Eisner-award winning writer Matt Fraction, in fact making me put it somewhere top of my buy list. The series is currently at work on it's seventh issue which is originally to introduce a new villain, but creators decided to make it hurricane-themed, in light of the destruction that Hurricane Sandy brought over.

"We're doing kind of a Hurricane Sandy issue," Fraction told MTV. 'We're blowing up our schedule and squeezing Hawkeye #7 out in record time to do a story of the two Hawkeyes, Clint Barton and his young protege. One half is going to take place in Brooklyn and the other half is going to take place in Jersey. It's sort of the story about people surviving, overcoming this catastophe. I don't think you need costumes and fisticuffs and gnashing of teeth and rending of garments to tell that story.

It's going to be written by me, half is drawn by Steve Lieber and the other half is drawn by Jesse Hamm. And I'm going to donate my royalties, incentives, whatever sales bonuses I get I'm going to donate."

Via his Twitter, Fraction has announced that his honorarium will be given straight to Red Cross for donation. Great guy, that Fraction.

Check out his full chat with MTV and the cover art of the issue as you head inside.



Get More: MTV Shows


Hawkeye #7 is hoped to be found on shelves January 16 next year. Good, I've got time to catch up.


0 comments:

Post a Comment