Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 30 November 2012

Info Post

A few days back, X-Men and X-2 director Bryan Singer announced over Twitter that Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart, along with some actors from the prequel X-Men: First Class will be reprising their roles in the upcoming Warner Bros. superhero blockbuster, X-Men: Days of Future Past. The Huffington Post had a conversation with The Hobbit actor Ian McKellen who plays the older version of Magneto. Here's summing up the interview.

"What a gas!" said McKellen. "I mean, Patrick Stewart and I have been have just been playing "Waiting for Godot" throughout England and in the West End of London. So, we've stayed in touch. We can't believe it [laughs]. I thought these were Fassbender and McAvoy's parts, but -- no, no -- we're back. We'll give them a run for their money. I mean, I haven't read the script, so I don't know how much we've got to do. But, to be back in that world, and for Bryan to be doing it -- with all the success he's had in the meantime -- it's wonderful. Wonderful."

Magneto's younger version is played by German-Irish-actor Michael Fassbender (Eden Lake, Prometheus). McKellen is later asked on what are his thoughts on Fassbender as Magneto. Here's what he said: "I thought he was exactly that: first class. Excellent... I thought he was better than me. But, we weren't quite playing the same character because he was so much younger than me."

Whatta nice guy, that McKellen.

Based on the 141st and the 142nd 'Uncanny X-Men' comics, Days of Future Past will concern the X-Men in an alternate future wherein an important part of the government is killed, triggering a chaotic battle involving sentinels. The Chris Claremont and John Bryne comic book is translated into film by screenwriter Simon Kinberg whose most credible work is the recent Sherlock Holmes

The fifth picture of the franchise is hitting screens July 18, 2014.


0 comments:

Post a Comment