Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 15 November 2010

Info Post
FOX

Gleeks rejoice: Darren Criss has officially signed on to become a series regular on "Glee" for the show's second and third seasons.

Criss made waves last week with his portrayal of Blaine, a gay student at a rival high school who forms a fast friendship with Kurt, played on the show by Chris Colfer. His cover of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" is on track to have the best digital sales week ever for the show, and Criss performed to a sold-out audience at The Mint in Los Angeles on Nov. 13.

Speaking with Billboard.com just before his "Glee" deal was official, Criss said, "Of course I would love to be on the show as long as possible. I do love working with everybody and he is a wonderful character. I love what the show stands for and the place it fits in our social pop consciousness. And the end of the day, I trust the creators and I'm happy for the time I've been given. Whatever happens, happens."

Criss, who originally auditioned for the role of Finn (Cory Monteith), also said he was thrilled to make his singing debut on the show with Perry's No. 1 hit. "As a pop writer, I'm a big Max Martin/Dr. Luke guy," Criss said of the star's hitmaker collaborators on "Teenage Dream." "If I'm writing for mainstream pop, I use them as reference points, for sure."

Source: Billboard.com | Ann Donahue, L.A. | November 15, 2010 3:27 EST

0 comments:

Post a Comment